Tuition Assistance/Scholarship Opportunities
Open Door Scholarship - Application Deadline - March 1 (Grades 6-12 only)
Rural Scholarship Alliance (RSA) - Application Deadline - March 1 (Kindergarten only)
Tuition Assistance - Application Deadline - April 15 (Preference for Grades 6-12)
Opportunity Scholarship - For applicants applying to a private school for the first time; offered by the state of N.C. To apply for the scholarship go to their website at www.ncseaa.edu.
The Epiphany School of Global Studies collaborates with the FACTS Tuition Management website when making financial aid decisions. FACTS is a web-based, independent financial aid service for independent schools that—much in the way universities or colleges operate—require specific financial information, such as bank statements, tax filings, home ownership information, savings accounts, and other necessary financial information as part of a process that will help to inform the decision on how much a family can fairly afford.
Once “affordability" is established, the information is forwarded to the family. The school also receives the information and makes an evaluation based upon three factors: the amount requested, the financial aid available, and the number of students applying. An offer is then submitted to the family. Click here for a link to the FACTS website.
Tuition Assistance Policy
The Epiphany School of Global Studies will offer Tuition Assistance to a limited number of students with preference for students entering grades 6-12 on a financial needs basis.
Interested applicants can apply for Tuition Assistance through FACTS Management from the opening date for the re-enrollment period through April 15th. The candidates will also have to qualify on a merit based component, to be determined, in order to be considered.
Note that priority in financial awards is determined based on goals of the school, but preference is given in the following order:
- Prior recipients,
- Siblings of recipients
- Returning families
- New families
Also, note students are in danger of having their Tuition Assistance revoked for the following reasons:
- Students failing to maintain a cumulative 2.5 GPA. A probationary period will be permitted on a case by case basis.
- Students placed on disciplinary probation or suspended from the school for academic or other reasons.
- Students or their family are expected to contribute 25 hours a year in community service. These hours cannot apply towards Sparks Travel Grants. Failure to comply with the above may result in the family not being considered for future financial awards.
- Discrepancies discovered in the financial information provided to FACTS Management.
- Any act of misconduct which would bring discredit to the image of the school.
In early May a committee made up of the Head of School, Director of Admissions, Director of Development and the Director of Finance will meet to determine the following year’s recipients based on a set of criteria including:Financial need (as determined by FACTS)
- Personal and family record and history at TESGS
- Proven academic excellence
- Ability to contribute to the school community both in and out of the classroom with regard to our mission and guiding principles. The families will be notified of the committee’s decision and given one week in which to accept or decline their need/merit based Tuition Assistance. If aid is not awarded or if the award is not deemed sufficient by the family, the family will receive a refund of all deposits paid. Any declined Tuition Assistance will be re-awarded to other eligible students, if applicable.
The Open Door Scholarships provide opportunities for The Epiphany School of Global Studies to attract students with proven academic excellence in order to expand the cultural diversity of the school community. To download a application, click here. You may also stop by the Henderson Campus and pick up an application at the receptionist desk.
Rural Scholarship Alliance (RSA)
The RSA Scholarship is a partnership between the Nicholas Sparks Foundation and The Epiphany School of Global Studies. If a student is awarded this scholarship, it will follow him/her throughout the K-12 education at Epiphany. Click here to learn for eligibility guidelines. To apply, check the RSA box on the application.
To qualify for the Opportunity Scholarship, students must be attending a public school and wanting to transfer to a private school. For more information go to www.ncseaa.edu and click on K-12 Grants and Opportunity Scholarship. There is a Household Income Worksheet to see if you would qualify for the scholarship.