Drop off & Pick up Procedures
Parents and other authorized drivers dropping off and picking up students at the school are urged to use extreme caution. Speeds should never exceed 10 mph. Traffic guidelines have been established to ensure the safety of our community. School personnel will direct these systems, so please respect them and follow their instructions.
Henderson Campus Morning Drop Off
Kindergarten and First Grade (RED Arrows):
- Follow the red arrows on the map.
- Enter campus through Highway 17 or Center Street by turning onto Meadows Street.
- The passenger side of the vehicle MUST be adjacent to the school.
- Students may only exit on the passenger side of the vehicle.
- Students may enter through two gates:
- The gate at the back plaza of Cote Hall.
- The gate at the front of Cote Hall.
- Drivers should not turn right on Griffin Avenue.
- When exiting, please either turn left onto Griffin Avenue or continue straight on Meadows.
*Please be cautious at the intersection of Henderson and Meadows.
Third Grade and Fourth Grade (BLUE Arrows):
- Follow the blue arrows on the map.
- Enter Griffin Avenue from Simmons Street.
- Stay only in the left lane upon entering campus carpool area.
- When exiting, turn left onto Henderson Avenue.
Second Grade and Fifth Grade (GREEN Arrows):
- Follow the green arrows on the map.
- Enter Griffin Avenue from Simmons Street.
- Stay only in the right lane upon entering campus carpool area.
- When exiting, turn right onto Henderson Avenue.
*Please be cautious at the intersection of Henderson and Meadows
- Please be mindful of faculty and staff and the directions given.
- As there are many students on this campus, it is important that safety comes first. We ask for your patience as we work through drop-off .
- IF you have a Kindergartener/First Grader and an older student, the older student will simply exit at the RED arrow location with the younger student.
- IF you have a Third/Fourth Grader and a Second/Fifth Grader, use the GREEN line to drop off all students.
- Please do not use cell phones during drop-off.
- Students should not arrive before 7:40 am.
Henderson Campus Single Division Pick Up
Pick up procedure is for all students on the Henderson Campus in grades K – 5. Efficiency depends on arriving at the scheduled dismissal time.
- Follow the green arrows.
- Vehicles should enter off of Griffin Avenue.
- Upon exiting, all vehicles should turn left onto Henderson Avenue.
- Campus gates will open at 2:15PM. Please do not park on Griffin Avenue prior to the unlocking of the gate.
- Grades K – 2 will be dismissed at 2:45PM.
- Grades 3 – 5 will be dismissed at 3:00PM.
- Cross divisional car poolers will load with the 3:00PM dismissal.
- Parents in grades 3 – 5 who enter the carpool line during the K – 2 dismissals will be asked to loop around to the end of the carpool line. This is all in effort to keep the flow of traffic moving and safely dismiss all students.
- Place the color-coded Epiphany card(s) identifying your riders in the right, front windshield area of your vehicle.
- The use of cell phones is prohibited in the carpool line.
- Stay in the line of traffic. Do not park and walk to the pick-up area to collect your child/children.
- When you approach the loading/unloading area, move as far forward as possible to wait for your riders.
- REMEMBER TO PUT YOUR VEHICLE IN PARK AS CHILDREN EXIT THE LOADING/UNLOADING AREA.
- When your car is loaded, turn ON your hazard lights to indicate you are ready for departure.
- Pull out slowly and carefully when directed to do so by a staff member.
- If there is a change in carpool status, prior notification is required from parents.
- Students should know their ride and watch for it.
- Students should wait quietly for their ride and quickly make their way to their vehicle when told to do so.
- Students not picked up by 3:20pm will report to the YMCA After School Program and be charged the appropriate fees.
Multi-Division Pick Up
- Multi-divisional families (meaning one is Primary School and one in Elementary School) will pick up on Meadows Street where K-1 drops off in the morning.
- Please enter Meadows Street from MLK Jr. Blvd/Hwy 17 or Center Avenue and proceed to campus.
- Students will only be loaded on the passenger side of vehicles.
- When leaving, please head straight onto Meadows or turn left onto Griffin. Please refrain from utilizing Griffin Avenue (behind campus) and Simmons Street. As merging left, please use caution.
Trent Campus Morning Drop Off
- Drivers should enter from Trent Road and drive slowly, watching for students. Cars should pull forward until just past the entrance to the PAC before coming to a complete stop. Five cars can unload at a time.
- Once those cars have begun to circle around the back of the building, the next five cars may advance.
- This process should be repeated until all children have been dropped off.
Trent Campus Afternoon Pick Up
Drivers should enter from Trent Road and drive slowly, watching for students. Cars should drive around the building before turning into Trinity Circle, and then they should proceed to the end of the loop before coming to a complete stop. Ten cars can load at a time.
Once those cars have cleared Trinity Circle, the next ten cars may advance.
This process should be repeated until all children have been picked up.