Faculty & Staff
The testimony of our faculty speaks volumes about our environment. The school is a richly supportive environment for students. We provide a challenging academic program, and many consider the depth and breadth of the global studies program to be one of the school's greatest strengths.
The leadership at the school champions our faculty’s individual approaches to teaching and mentoring. We encourage our teachers to develop their own educational styles as they strive for excellence, and support their efforts in professional development.
At The Epiphany School of Global Studies, 60% of our current faculty members have advanced degrees, many of which were earned at prestigious universities such as:
- The University of Virginia
- Davidson College
- The University of Pennsylvania
- Bates College
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
30% of our faculty members have lived and worked abroad for months or years at a time, and the vast majority have traveled abroad to countries around the world. Many have also earned degrees abroad, at universities in:
- Costa Rica
The Epiphany School of Global Studies provides a unique opportunity for teachers to learn, grow, and thrive alongside students. Our supportive staff, creative freedoms, and engaged students make The Epiphany School of Global Studies the ideal environment for anyone who loves children and who loves to learn. We are proud of our diverse faculty members’ skills and abilities.
- Position: Administrative Assistant to Middle and Upper Schools
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Background: A native North Carolinian, Sara graduated from UNC-Pembroke with a BA in Sociology. Sara has worked in schools ranging from preschool to middle school and has also worked for the federal government as a budget analyst.
- Hobbies: Cooking, reading, running, and shopping, but her favorite pastime is spending the weekends with her family.
- Fun Facts:
- Sara runs half marathons and has a goal to run one in all 50 states.
- She worked in the Pentagon as a budget analyst after college.
- She has lived in NC, SC, VA, FL, AZ, and IA while her husband was on active duty in the Marine Corps.
- Favorite Place She has Traveled: Sedona, AZ, Mt. Rushmore, and Grand Canyon
- Position: Administrative Assistant to Lower School
- Email: email@example.com
- Background: BA in Psychology from Clemson University, and worked in residential camping for Camp Seafarer prior to joining the Epiphany family.
- Hobbies: Molly enjoys being on the water, playing with her two dogs, Sailor and Rudder, and she especially enjoys time with friends, family, and her two children.
- Fun Facts:
- Molly is a former US Powerboating Instructor.
- She has completed two half-marathons.
- Abraham Lincoln is her cousin.
- Favorite Place She has Traveled: Peru and Ireland
Faculty Directory By School