Faculty & Staff
The testimony of our faculty speaks volumes about our environment. The school is a richly supportive environment for students. We provide a challenging academic program, and many consider the depth and breadth of the global studies program to be one of the school's greatest strengths.
The leadership at the school champions our faculty’s individual approaches to teaching and mentoring. We encourage our teachers to develop their own educational styles as they strive for excellence, and support their efforts in professional development.
At The Epiphany School of Global Studies, 60% of our current faculty members have advanced degrees, many of which were earned at prestigious universities such as:
- The University of Virginia
- Davidson College
- The University of Pennsylvania
- Bates College
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
- Johns Hopkins University
30% of our faculty members have lived and worked abroad for months or years at a time, and the vast majority have traveled abroad to countries around the world. Many have also earned degrees abroad, at universities in:
- Costa Rica
The Epiphany School of Global Studies provides a unique opportunity for teachers to learn, grow, and thrive alongside students. Our supportive staff, creative freedoms, and engaged students make The Epiphany School of Global Studies the ideal environment for anyone who loves children and who loves to learn. We are proud of our diverse faculty members’ skills and abilities.
- Position: Administrative Assistant to the Middle and Upper Schools
- Email: [email protected]
- Background: A native of Greater Cincinnati, Betsy graduated from Centre College in Danville, Kentucky. Her professional background has been in communications and marketing in both the public and private sectors. Betsy and her husband relocated to New Bern in the fall of 2018. They have two adult sons.
- Hobbies: Traveling, hiking, taking day trips to the beach, and exploring North Carolina.
- Fun Fact: Prior to moving to New Bern, Betsy's only time in eastern North Carolina was the summer she spent as a Camp Seafarer counselor.
- Favorite Places She Has Traveled: Family trips to Grand Cayman, Switzerland, Rome and Vatican City.
- Position: Administrative Assistant to the Lower School
- Email: [email protected]
- Background: ant BA in Education from University of North Carolina - Wilmington, and worked as a 6th grade teacher and preschool teacher before joining the Epiphany family.
- Hobbies: Jessica enjoys going to the beach, bike rides downtown with her family to get a Pepsi from the fountain, and practicing yoga.
- Fun Facts:
- Jessica realized she was afraid of heights climbing Angels Landing in Utah.
- She has walked 30 miles in 3 days for a fundraiser.
- Mario Kart is her favorite Nintendo game.
- Favorite Place She has Traveled: Ocracoke and Victoria, Canada.
Faculty Directory By School